Building Shared Knowledge: Effective Use of Multi-Tiered Student Supports as a Dropout Prevention Strategy
- February 24, 2015
- Multi-Tiered System of Support in the Mathematics Classroom Becky Unker, Education Specialist, Special Education, Utah State Office of Education
- What is the problem we’re trying to solve?
- What are we trying to accomplish?
- What change can we make that will result in an improvement?
- How will we know that a change is an improvement?
An outcome of this event was to better define implementation efforts of MTSS in individual schools and across the alliance.
The goals of the seminar were to:
- Learn about promising practices and research-based strategies regarding multi-tiered student supports in mathematics from USOE staff, colleagues, and other resources
- Work collaboratively with school team members to begin plans for using multi-tiered student supports in mathematics