Webinar Series: Effective Practices for Partnering With Families of English Learner Students in Preschool and Kindergarten
- September 30, 2015
- Structuring Meaningful Home-School Partnerships With Families of Young English Learner (EL) Students Maria Paredes, WestEd; Linda Espinosa, University of Missouri; Melanie Packham, WestEd
- Building Capacity for School Success in Families of Young English Learner (EL) Students Maria Paredes, WestEd; Linda Espinosa, University of Missouri; Melanie Packham, WestEd
Current research confirms that children, families, and programs benefit when families are involved in a child's early learning, both inside the classroom and at home. However, getting involved can be a daunting task for many family members, especially those with limited English and experience with U.S. schools. This two-webinar series focuses on building effective home-school partnerships that support the school success of preschool and kindergarten English Learner (EL) students. These webinars target early childhood education and kindergarten teachers and administrators working with young EL students and their families. The series is hosted by the English Learner Alliance at REL West at WestEd.
Webinar 1: Structuring Meaningful Home-School Partnerships with Families of Young English Learner (EL) Students
The first webinar, held on August 17, 2015, focused on building effective partnerships between school and home that enhance the learning and language development of young EL students. Download the event flyer to learn more.
Download the archived webinar, Powerpoint presentaiton, and related materials located on this page.
Webinar 2: Building Capacity for School Success in Families of Young English Learner (EL) Students
The second webinar, held on September 30, 2015, builds on Webinar 1, continuing with the foundational knowledge of successful home-school partnerships, and further discussing activities that create a linguistically rich home and school environment to support young EL students' school readiness. Download the event flyer to learn more.
Download the archived webinar, Powerpoint presentation, and related materials located on this page.
- Eric Haas, Senior Research Associate, REL West at WestEd
- Linda Espinosa, Professor (Emeritus), University of Missouri
- Maria Paredes, Senior Program Associate, WestEd
- Melanie Packham, Comprehensive School Assistance Program, WestEd
For more information please contact Min Chen-Gaddini